Thursday, July 16, 2009

In with the new

We all do a total 180, sometime or the another, on something. Going from a NO to a YES, going from why to why not, from aren't you out of your mind?!!..to you'd be crazy NOT to try this! I know I have. So, here we go..the things that were a total 180 degree pullout for me in the recent past..

  • Radiohead. Shocking as it is, there was a time, years and years ago, (when I was even more hopelessly immature) that I once actually laughed at OK Computer. Both the album name, and the songs in it. Needless to say, I was a stupid infant then, and thankfully, good sense has prevailed.
  • Sarees. I recently even bought TWO! Why, because, when the need arises, you have to buy them. I've actually started appreciating prints..spending time in a saree shop is less DEATH to me now.
  • Pink- The colour. I once hated, despised, loathed, even, pink, yes, just like you, silverstreak, and did a total 180 on this when I saw this dull pink bag in Gucci and..there was no turning back. The artist- Loved, all along.
  • Great indian Epics. At one point I thought- what could be more boring than reading the Mahabharat? Trust me, a lot. I've started reading some super condensed version (I shock my own self) and it is actually highly entertaining. Besides, most of your Indian friends will have names from there. No kidding. Mine do. Makes for some pretty 'interesting' trivia.
  • South Indian Food. From Yuck, to yummy in my tummy. My mom says I am finally growing up and accepting my identity like a normal human being, I attribute this to the HORRID food (other cuisines) i've eaten outside sometimes. It suddenly made me love south indian food. Go figure. I still don't dig Idlis, though.
  • Priyanka Chopra. Attributed to dostana, even though she wasn't much of an actress in it. I couldn't stand her before, and now I think that although she can't act, she fulfils the bollywood hype and expectation of looking amazing without looking like a fake painted doll, and i've never seen someone wear a saree with NO jewellery and still look stunning.
  • Rain. Yes, I hated rain once. Simply because, on my way home from school, it would end up being a long, cold walk. Now, I can't get enough of it.
  • Tea. I'm still in the I-love-coffee club, here, but Tea is GOOD. And I have stopped discounting that. Especially elaichi tea.
  • Strawberries. From weird to D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S.
  • Dating. I used to have very different ideas on dating, which, for various reasons, I will not post here. I've changed, that's all you need to know. (Some people may remember the ridiculous.."If two people like each other...")
  • Editorials in newspapers. From Why are they here to Why did I miss out on years of reading them?
  • Peanuts. The comic. Yes, you probably are a die-hard Calvin and Hobbes fan too, but peanuts is really good. You should try it. If you already like it, why didn't you tell me sooner?!
  • Plays. I didn't like plays and theatre once. When I was young (read: stupid) I know. Ridiculous. Now, I'd happily watch a play every night of the week.
  • Weddings. Now, I love them. The really well done ones. With great food and lots of dancing and company, that is. Earlier, it was such a snoozefest.

Feel free to contribute, or let me know if you post something in parallel- Will link!

5 comments:

Shanu said...

So connect with the strawberries point..I ablstly hated them...and now just cant have enuff..ditto with dating too!

Silverstreak said...

Duuuuude. You won't believe this! I saw this pink camera. First I was all, eww. Then I actually liked the concept of a pink camera. Note: not the camera itself. Lol.

You bought yourself a Gucci bag!? I WANT!!

v said...

i HATED the color pink too... you probably will not believe this now after having seen me in so much pink... but now.. my wardrobe is basically pink with a bit of other colors here and there! but i don't think I can ever do a 180 on south indian food...

and dating...oh well...its a whole new perspective/idea/understanding/opinion now!

ok.. now that you have read the mahabhartha...did you come across my name in there? ;)

Akaash said...

You didn't like Peanuts? Is that humanly possible?

Silverstreak said...

You also like Daniel Radcliffe. (Eww.)

 
Free Blog CounterGimahhot