Sunday, March 23, 2008

Holi-day!

Yeah, thats right, folks! Holi came, and holi went. But what didn't quite go just as quick, were the things holi brings upon us. Traditionally, of course..holi was meant to be a festival of splendid colour. People actually worked to create a range that was breathtaking..using vegetable dyes and what not...

But that was then, and this is now. And Holi now, for many of us, means a whole lot more (and a lot lot different) than veggie dyes. For starters, we have permanent colour (you know, the ones that leave you with ogre-looking faces) or pucca rang, and permanent water colours that leave your nails and ears looking like you haven't bathed in months. Manicures, anyone?

Then come the eggs. I'd be lying if i said i didn't really like playing with eggs to begin with. In fact, the very thought grossed me out. But i soon got over that phobia. And nope..no therapy. It all happened in around 5 seconds when I first got pelted with an egg, two years ago. And my only thought then-revenge.
There was no looking back...

And this year...there was shoe polish! ( I know, I know. crazy.)

Overall, I've bathed a lot, eaten a lot(all that water makes you hungry), exercised a lot (carrying all the buckets of water),and had fun...a LOT.
So..I'm not complaining.

At the end of the day, we all looked like slum children. Yeah, like the ones who look like they've been rolled around in dirt, and then rolled around in dirt some more. But We were thrilled, happy slum children. There's just something about throwing stuff like colours and water on other people. It brings an impish kind of joy to your week. And as I spend the weekend scrubbing off the shoe polish, I'm thinking...it was all worth it!

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterGimahhot