Saturday, March 27, 2010

What they teach me

And yes, I learn best from people. I used to think it was books I like to read, but the books I like reading are people, really. The authors behind their stories. The people in my life. What they all teach me.

I don't know why but it's all coming back to me now, everything everyone's ever said to me. The things I believe in are all pieces of light and dark. Contributed by everyone I've ever met. Documented only in my current personality, exhibiting influence only in the things I do and feel. If you know me, know that at some point, you've taught me something.

Always believe things to be good, until you find them to be contrary.

Shit happens.

Fear nothing, because honestly woman, nothing really fears you.

That belief is what helps me figure out the difference between right and wrong.

Passionate people will never be happy with anything that isn't them.

Always give people one chance.

Shut up and eat! (my personal favourite)

Maybe we shouldn't over-analyse everything.

Maybe we're not supposed to understand.

You should always experiment.

Tree-man, and about how I should be glad I even have feet.

Slow down once in a while.

You're allowed to have days where you do absolutely nothing.

No feeling is a hundred percent; that can only be a good thing.

Always be positive.

There's nothing a good watch can't cure.

You will change completely every five years, no matter what.

A whole load of things about education.

Top three things to avoid: Cranky, sappy and crappy.

First think about what you have to do, not how you're going to do it.

Love exists.

Everything is perspective.

Everything is an illusion.

You can't sit down and think about what you want. You either already know or don't.












1 comment:

Radhika said...

Loved it :) Especially the last one. So true, so true. Sigh.

I'm coming back on the Easter weekend for a bit, hope I get to catch you

 
Free Blog CounterGimahhot