Thursday, August 27, 2009

and W stands for working, really?

It's been almost a week since I started going to work- and yes, it still feels weird to say that. I'll be lying if I say that I'm fully aware of the change. It feels like something's changed, but I don't know what. When I'm there, I feel like I'm in a distant world, and I'm not really in control of my actions. Now, that can't be a good thing, you say. I'll get real enough there, as soon as my brain adjusts to functioning in a colder environment, my head adjusts to the coffee, my butt, to sitting for long hours, and my mind, to growing up.

Work's been fun, for the most part- I went in with more warning than anything else. The really cool part about starting work is that people remember and wish you and message you and call you- it's overwhelming. It's also a brilliant reminder of this new phase in life, I suppose. I like how Akaash put it on the first day, 'The first day of the rest of our lives'. I got a lot of gyaan- don't expect anything, keep your senses open, be open to working hard, smile a lot, avoid dressing for social suicide, never go in without checking your teeth for gunk somewhere- and most of it was useful, I'll admit. But the only advice I'd give anyone would be to look at the positive side of things- and that starts early as hell, I suppose. Typically, you should start looking at the positive side of things from day numero uno in your life, but If you can't, you should really learn to identify the positives, like I am. Because there are a lot, believe me. And it's almost sad if you don't see it sometimes.

So yes, it's been crazy, I'm sleep deprived, my diet's flown away and I can only manage a tired smile by the end of the day, and work hasn't even started.
But I'm loving it, folks, because I'm growing up, I'm learning, I'm growing to understand myself better, and work is the best lesson in people you'll ever get. People can really surprise you, and when they do, it's like BOOM!
I'm also more aware of all the mad awesomeness in the world, the analysis that goes behind every little thing there is. I'm also growing increasingly resistant to temperature change- that can only be looked at as a good thing. I'm learning how to remember names, I'm learning how to remember acronyms, and I'm learning how to make coffee from coffee machines. Well, sort of.

This is me, signing off- Miss Waiting for Weekends (I think), Miss I hate travel, Miss Whole-new-wake-up-call-to-myself, Miss Finally, finally, growing up (I think, again.) For all those of you who still haven't worked somewhere, it can be a very humbling, interesting, and sometimes amusing experience. Amusing because you'll only be amused at yourself, if you're anything like me. For those of you who have, tell me which is the best place for wrinkle free clothes, because all the ironing is driving me nuts, peeps.

I hereby tag Akaash to post anything. Anything.

1 comment:

Akaash said...

I'm afraid, tags don't work like that.

But since you're awesome and everything, I'll try and entertain your request.

 
Free Blog CounterGimahhot